Warranty Claim / Trouble Shooting for LVD Induction Lamp
2 Cases - New Installation and cannot light up or old installation and fail to light up.
Please note that all warranty must be recorded in existing customer floor plan with the highbay number and all the details.
For the lamp that is mounted up and immediately cannot light up.
1. Check for physica seeing if the lamps is not broken. If we can see break, change the lamp.
2.Check for loose connection in the ballast housing area.
3. Areas to check. Power supply connection, power to ballast and ballast to lamp.
4. Connect a ballast to test if the lamp light up. If light up, then replace the ballast.
5. After light up. See if the colour is correct and fully light up.
6. Then let it warm up for 5 minutes and the check power wattage with power meter to make sure it is at the rated wattage.
For the lamp that is mounted up for less than 6 months and cannot light up.
1. Ask owner to switch off the power of the lamp. Wait out for 3 hours and then switch on again to see if it lights up. (Over current or over heat safety switch in operation).
2. If still no light up, ask owner bring down the lamp.
3.Once the lamp is down, we shall try again to light up on the ground floor with another different power supply. If it lights up, means maybe the connection on top have problem.
4. If not light up, next step. Check for physical seeing if the lamp is not broken, if can see break. Change lamp.
5. Ask the owner if they see that this failed lamp before it fails, does it change colour or like not as bright as the rest? Hairline crack that has starts to leak slowly. If yes, also change the lamp.
6. Connect to the old ballast to test if the lamp light up. If yes, OK but if not light up, then replace the ballast.
7. After light up. See if the colour is correct and fully light up.
8. Then let it warm up for 5 minutes and then check power wattage with power meter to make sure it is at the rated wattage.
As for lamps who fails after more than 6 months operation, use this above steps but less the likelihood of the gas leaks in the lamp because if the lamp have hairline crack, it will leak by 6 months.
If you realize that the environtment is a bit hot and feels that the temperature is a bit high. Above 35 degree on ground and there are many failures in this site. More than 3. Inform to management to go down and check. There is a chance that it is the magnetic coil on the lamp fail. Due to overheating of coils on lamps.
Bear in mind that all warranty claims shall and must be recorded in the floorplan of the customer clearly stating the install date, failure date, and then replacement date. With the location. If not the parts used will be charged to the salesman for misuse.